Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Camp!

As soon as we settled in to Memphis, we headed back out the next day to take the Singapore girls to camp. Firstborn went last year, but this was my first time to take Twinkle Toes and Miss Middler. As soon as church was out and we were driving out to the campground, I said something like this..."Ok, now listen up. I have some helpful advice for you. 1. Do NOT wear anyone else's hat. 2. Do NOT let anyone else wear your hat. 3. Wear your crocs in the shower. 4. Don't forget sunscreen. 5. Don't forget bug spray. 6. Do NOT use anyone else's brush. (Do you see a theme here? If you've read my blog for any length of time, you'll know why.) 7. Wear deodorant if you are stinky. 8. If you miss me, tell your counselor, she's like a mommy for the week. 9. They only invite nice people to be counselors...people like me...I used to be a counselor at this camp. 10. Don't stay up late talking. 11. Take showers.

Their heads were spinning, but I got all that information out and felt better.
We got them all settled in their bunks.

And I gave the two of them big hugs and realized I had not yet bought waterproof mascara. I almost needed it that day.


Then we left them and went to settle in Firstborn. She was not in her cabin. Her sheets were already on her bed, her bag stowed, and her fan clipped to her bunk. I wandered out of the cabin and found her walking down the path to the mess hall. Seemed like in just one year, she'd become the Camp Pro.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tara G. said...

Oh my word,Sara, when I even think about leaving a child at camp I tear up!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I remember those days!!

About the crying . . . Get this: Daddy hid in the parking lot of the school with a video camera filming me as I came out of Kathleen's school after dropping her off for her first day of kindergarten!!! I had held in it and was balling by the time I got to the parking lot. I couldn't believe he got it on film!! :)

I cried over my kids first day at school through second grade for each one. Third grade wasn't a lot better, I could just hold it in better. Ha.

Love ya'll-
Melanie

Smileysusannah.blogspot.com said...

i hope they had a good time at camp! It is funny because they got to camp the day of my Birthday! Love all the pics!

Smileysusannah.blogspot.com said...

I hope they are having or had a great time! Love the pics! Funny because you post this on my Birthday

Site Meter