Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Oh Be Careful

Oh be careful, little mouth, what you communicate! We had our staff banquet on Saturday night. I decided to have my hair done for our big event, pretty cheap here and makes a girl feel special! I simply stated that I wanted it straight with a little flip on the ends. Then the very nice kuafor wanted to talk about America. He told me that he had been to D.C., and that his friend, also a kuafor, had styled Laura Bush's hair. Wow. So the polite conversation went on. He rightly guessed that I worked at 'the school for foreigners.' Then I told him that the staff was having a big party for an end-of-the-year celebration. At that point, the hairstyle began to change. He clearly had bigger things in mind for "our big party" than my "straight with a flip" idea. It became more 1960'ish than I've ever worn my hair! Firstborn giggled and snapped this picture. Tomorrow I'll show you the final product.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Love it! My girls still laugh at the picture of me from my first Lebanese "brushing"- that's what they call it here when you just go in to get it styled and it's only like $6! Women here get it done and it lasts them for several days. I too asked for straight with a flip on the end and let's just say it was a whole lot BIGGER than I have EVER worn my hair! Can't wait to see the final result!

Tara G. said...

Oh my! I think no one can truly appreciate having your hair done in a foreign salon until you've done it...my Ukrainian layers are growing out and look even more atrocious! ha! I'm holding out until I can get it repaired next month! :) Can't wait to see yours!! At least it didn't involve scissors!

The Fish Family said...

Can't wait to see!! I'm picturing bouffant??

Site Meter