Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Little Excited

Well, my two week stint as a single mom is almost up. And I'm very happy about that. I never had to give any spankins', though I did wield a spank stick a time or two. We got all assignments turned in on time. Everyone had a packed lunch each day. Only once did Perma-Baby walk to school with tights so small they kept pullin' down her undies. And only once or twice did I cry. We managed. We had fun. I read Ol' Yeller to them. We ate the simplest meals possible, but the kids thought the chicken nuggets were a rare treat. And now...at the end of it all, I get to have CC back. Man, I've missed him. AND my parents are flying back with him for a visit. I can't begin to tell you how excited I am. The last time they came was 4.5 years ago, when Perma-Baby really was a baby.

The girls have grown a lot since then. AND we've added a boy!


We plan to do a lot of just normal life, only with dear grandparents thrown into the mix. Piano practice with a granddaddy to hear the songs. Tae Kwon Do lesson with a grandma to try their moves on. Bedtime routine with a grandparent to read to them. It's going to be a fun 2.5 weeks!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

Sara, you are so funny. I really think you do not have enough to do!! Ha.

Wow, won't the grandparents be a whole lot of fun -- for you and Ross also, if it was anything like my mom and dad's visits always were. I don't know why, but I just breathed a sigh of relief whenever my dad was around. Not because he did anything particular, just because he was there. "Daddy" always knew the answer for everything, you know? David even consulted him for some things. He just seemed to know - the wisdom that only comes with age. Then, my mom knew all I needed to know about kids and how to raise them. She could answer any question I ever had.

Now that one half of my parents are gone, and one half of Dave's are gone, we both have felt ourselves easing into the role our mom and dad were always in. Kind of funny how it works that way. Somehow I can't imagine myself ever being as wonderful and wise as they always were.

Have a wonderful time!!!

Bye for now,
Melanie

Deena said...

I'm so happy for you! Have a great time with your parents!

Crystal DeLong said...

I'm so glad they get to come Sara. What a blessing. Enjoy your time together! And having Ross back. :)

Site Meter