Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Birthday Bash!

My official birthday is Tuesday. It's also CC's. Yes, on my second date, I discovered that we are 4 years and 4 minutes apart. I knew I had to marry him, I'd forever be thinking of him on my birthday each year. Most years, we celebrate apart. He has to be in the US for administrative meetings and we miss our birthday and Valentine's Day each year. But God has provided a wonderful consolation present for me...my friends! Each year we meet up and go to dinner and hang out. Here's the posse (as I called them when I took this picture)...
We had a great time until some guys decided to show up and embarrass us.
We got rid of them quickly and returned to our fajitas.
God has blessed me with very dear friends, some of which were not able to come. Here is Stacey (1st grade...she's not in 1st grade, she teaches it and is very good at it!), Jenna (ME's precious second grade teacher, now our librarian), Carrie (6th grade teacher who actually goes out paintballing with her kids), Brenda (Ethel, if I am Lucy), Darci (ESL and my prayer-partner this year).
And here's Jen (my long time, dear, married-with-kids-been-in-this-crazy-country-as-long-as-I-have friend and art teacher), and Tiffany with Kenna (my sweet mommy-with-young-kids friend).
Here are the Ruths! Ruth F. teaches elementary ESL (and made us pumpkin muffins!!) and Ruth S. teaches Annika in 3rd grade. Believe it or not, I remember seeing Ruth S. as a 3rd grader singing and dancing to a song in front of church! Her dad married us. All ya'll gals are amazing. Thanks, I love ya'll! (We had a discussion on "ya'll" and "fixin" so I felt I needed to throw that in.)
We aren't hard to please. We all walked around a big grocery store together and got this and that. Then we went to Starbucks. Just at that moment, those pesky guys walked by and didn't see us. SOMEONE, I am not sayin' who, cat-called a whistle to them. Do you think they turned around? Apparently, they assumed it was for them, because they did. I am not sure the cultural impact that had. But it was fun.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

What fun!!

Melanie Keffer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARA!!!!

Going to bed last night, it occurred to me that it was your birthday already. I was thinking of today!!

I know you had a good day. Hope you enjoy your week just you and the kiddos.

Love,
Melanie

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday!
I know James will grow up too quickly. Trying to enjoy every minute of his baby days. Enjoy your happy week!

Kether said...

Happy Birthday!
I've been reading your blog for awhile and love it, but I don't think I've ever commented. I went to Turkey in 2001 and think you are doing wonderful things there.

I had to comment, though, because on my second date with my husband we found out we have the same birthday! He's three years older than I am, and we celebrate next Wednesday on the 17th!
I thought that was a sweet coincidence.

Laurie said...

Happy Birthday to two of my most favorite people in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

Happy, happy birthday Sara! Hope your day was special and full of many great new memories!! So glad you have so many smiling faces, kids included, to share your experience with!

Hope your day was truly wonderful!!

Site Meter