Campbells

Campbells

Friday, February 26, 2010

Let's Start at the Very Beginning!

I haven't blogged in a week! Thank you for all your sweet requests to read a blog soon! I guess I've just been too busy sittin' around thinking, "I just can't believe my parents are actually here!" We have had a super week.

So, back to the beginning...we filled our last weekend before Papa, Grandma, and Grandaddy came by going to basketball games. Our high school boys did great! I always nearly lose my voice at the games. For some of us, we are there to watch the boys play and hopefully win and be good sportsmen...for others, we are there to sit and chat with friends...for others...well, see for yourself. It's all about the food.

We left part way through the last game to make the trek out to the airport. On the way, the kids said, "Hey, are you going to jump the median curb like you did last time?!" Oops. They are supposed to forget things from their childhood, aren't they?

We anxiously waited behind the gate to see our loved ones. Once when the doors opened for someone else, we got a glimpse of them.
And then the big moment arrived...who got to hug whom first was all pre-arranged and negotiated prior to their entrance. In the end, everyone got to hug everyone, and there were many happy people.

This little guy was very happy to see his Papa, in spite of what this picture reflects. He saw Papa and scrunched up his eyebrows, as if to say, "Hmmm. I know you." Then he showed off his walking. Welcome Home, Papa! Welcome to Turkey, Grandma and Grandaddy! You were worth the wait.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

I must admit I have missed your blog myself but did not expect to see you for 2.5 weeks!! Soak up every minute and don't worry about blogs! We will all survive! Ha.

I'm off to Texas this weekend with Karoline to audition for the opera director at Baylor University . . . Am I really saying that? It seems so unreal! Wow, what God does!!

I've had a wonderful week. It feels like rain from Heaven after a long journey through the desert. David's job is amazing. God is amazing. The C atmosphere at his workplace is amazing. I want to run around singing that song, "Look what the Lord has done!!" I've been slowing about telling everyone about the new job because David and I are still pinching ourselves over that. God answered many prayers of the many people who prayed for us and that is so precious to me.

My eyes get wet with tears thinking of you with your mom and dad. I know how much that means to you. "Thank you Lord for doing that for Sara!"

If it comes to mind remember my papa in prayer. He is 92 and we don't feel like, he doesn't feel like, we have many more days with him. Things are failing. He is a C and so precious to us all. I have been so lucky to have him in my life for 50 years and he has been a big part of my kids' life. I've had wonderful grandparents. I know you relate.

God bless you Sara and love to all of you!!

Melanie

The Adventures of a Drama LLama said...

I'm glad you had a nice time! Ben is so adorable! Tell Mary Erin I said hi!
~Michaela Williams

Site Meter