Campbells

Campbells

Friday, July 3, 2009

Big Ben meets the Campbells

I don't know about your summer, but we are having an absolute ball! Last Saturday we drove down to Memphis to see our Campbell side. Just before we pulled up, I said to Campbell Clansman, "Ok, either I will carry him in and YOU take a picture as soon as they meet him, or YOU carry him in and I'll take the picture. But I want a picture as soon as they meet." We drove on, and he didn't say anything. Then just as we pulled up, I said, "Ok, I'll carry him in, but you be ready with the camera, ok?" He replied, "No, I'm carrying him in!" So cute!
Big Ben was VERY happy to meet his paternal grandparents. And they were happy to meet their very first (and last!) grandson with the Campbell name. We are starting to balance out now...7 granddaughters and 2 grandsons on that side.


He went right to them and even sat in his Grandaddy's lap, back brace and all, to play cars for awhile.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad ya'll are home and Ben is meeting the family! I know you must be over the moon showing him off - I would be! He is so precious!
I'm excited Laurie gets to see you this weekend!

rachel said...

so fun! he is just precious-i can't wait to see y'all soon!! yah! we leave this afternoon-i'm praying for an "easy" flight with Addelyn! :)

Melanie Keffer said...

Wonderful Sara!!

Yes, we are also having a great summer! Kathleen is all over northern France sightseeing in between classes, eating cheese, learning how to interact with the people and being reminded of why she is thankful on this fourth of July to be an American.

We are looking forward to a trip to Virginia (I've never been.) in August and possibly a new job.

It is so good to hear ya'll having such a wonderful time. God is certainly good to us all!

Melanie

The Fish Family said...

Oh I recognize his sweet outfit. We called Josiah a jailbird when he wore it. Loved the photos. Kathleen is beautiful!

Site Meter