Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dr. Bob


Some of you who read this blog will know this good man. For those who don't know him, I'll tell you some things about him. Dr. Bob, a retired veterinarian, came to Turkey for one year to fill a gap for us and teach Science. While there, he and his wife filled far more than a teaching gap. They loved on us, made us laugh, encouraged us. The few of us who remain from the original Turkey crew have all said we aren't sure how we would have made it through that tough first year without this couple. Dr. Bob always has a pocketful of candy and a coin magic trick for my girls. I don't think I've ever had a conversation with him that I haven't laughed so hard I've cried. One of my favorite stories on Dr. Bob is when he was in Turkey with us. He was teaching Biology and some of the guy students asked him if he would dissect a dog in class if they could bring him one that was freshly dead. Sure enough, they found a road kill (sorry to animal lovers...dogs have a rough life in our city). He wanted to preserve it, so he wrapped it in a plastic bag and stored it in the freezer in the teacher's lounge. That was my week for fridge clean out duty, but I was pregnant and had awful morning sickness. Every time I thought of that dog up there, I would laugh, then throw up. My sweet Campbell Clansman did my duty for me that week. This summer, we introduced Dr. Bob to our boy. They immediately hit it off, as I knew they would. Everyone needs a Dr. Bob, someone who thinks you and your kids and your husband are great. Thanks for being that for us, Dr. Bob.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

God just seems to send these type people along, doesn't He?

Ever notice how what we need, He always supplies?

I am smiling with you Sara. During this time in my life you constantly remind me of God's goodness. I don't think the fact that I "relate" to so much of what you say is accidental. I think you must be another Dr. Bob. God using you to brighten my day or just remind me of all the things I love and am blessed with.

God bless you Sara for being so sweet. I am glad you have your Dr. Bob's.

Love,
Melanie and Family

TehTarik said...

Just the photo made me so happy! I am extremely thankful to have a Bob and Sondra~ along with a Fish and Campbell clan in my life :) Looks like a blessed summer of catching up with familiar faces! Love y'all!

Site Meter