Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Fresh Breath of Spring


This weekend was unusually warm. We stripped off our winter gear, donned lighter jackets, and smiled with the knowledge that Spring will indeed revisit us. Saturday Ross took the girls bike riding, and on Sunday I took them to the park to play while I did our grocery shopping. We just could not stop talking about how lovely the weather was. On Sunday afternoon, Annika said to me, "Mom, I can't really describe it, but when it gets warmer, and when we open the windows like this, it has this special smell that makes me happy." Then as she thought further, she said, "And it's the same feeling as when you walk into a room and it is really, really clean. Like it has just been cleaned. It gives me this happy feeling I can't describe." Boy, is she a chip off the old block. My sentiments exactly. Then she proceeded to dust, vacuum, and mop the den. And lock us all out until it was dry. Just to get that happy indescribable feeling. I paid her 3TL for her efforts, to which she said, "But I don't want you to waste your money, Mom." Believe me, it's not a waste, Annika. I'll even pay for that happy, indescribable feeling!

1 comment:

Melanie Keffer said...

Sara . . . I am right there with you and Annika about the fresh air and clean house thing.

Wasn't she sweet to help you?

Melanie

Site Meter