Campbells

Campbells

Monday, January 25, 2016

Sweet Memories

These pictures hold some sweet memories for me. This was a different Christmas than I've ever had. We were packing boxes, lining up things in the new house, and contemplating the changes.  We were not traveling, not seeing the Mediterranean Coast, as we normally do. And yet, I think it was one of my favorites. We worked together, and strengthened each other in the knowledge that God would go with us in all the changes. We have lived in our little neighborhood for all 12 years that we've been in Turkey. It's hard to explain, but I loved this Christmas, even moving on December 26!

CC and I picked out some paint. The entire house (inside) was butter yellow. Gotta get me some color! There's always the language barrier, so we painted a small square on every wall so the painters would not get mixed up. It was hard for me to not paint it myself, but CC convinced me that getting workers here is dirt cheap, and he needed me doing things other than painting. 

Our new little villa didn't have a fireplace, which was my one disappointment. Goodness, it was a small thing. No big deal. But then CC took me to the hardware store and showed me this electric fireplace heater. My folks gave us some housewarming money, and CC added to it and got me this for Christmas. I love it! You can turn the fire background on with our without the heater blowing. It was perfect. I also loved that it was already made to look antique. 

My mother and father-in-law sent us gift too and said, 'Buy something now you might normally wait on." I got this pretty entry carpet. I fell in love with the colors! 

So, the painters began work. We went to our church's Christmas Eve service, then eagerly anticipated Christmas Day 2015, our very last day in this house. 

Another sweet memory I had was that I was meeting a friend for coffee who is struggling. She has been contemplating divorce. I went early to the mall to find her a small Christmas gift and was praying that God would give me wisdom to know what to say to her. You can imagine my surprise when I walked by this bedding set which had I Cor. 13 printed on it. In English! What a gift from the Lord to me to see that here. 

No comments:

Site Meter