Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Happy 10th Birthday, Esther!

 For about 2 months of the year, we cross right over into the one-number-apart birthdays. I have a 10, 11, and 12 year old all at once. Oh how I remember those days when they were 1, 2, and 3! I hit my 30th birthday when my third daughter was 2 weeks old, my husband was out of the country, and I had 2 toddlers still in diapers. How can it be that I am about to hit my 40th and that newborn is 10?! I see them growing older, and I just stay in a state of shock at how fast it has gone. But for some reason, this one hit me even harder. How can this little babe that I just brought to Turkey as an 18  month old possibly be 10? She woke this morning to find it snowing on her birthday, which thrilled her! There is a new wife of one of our staff members with the exact same birthday, so this morning Esther walked to her house and took her some flowers, from one birthday girl to another. I'm just about to run over a giant chocolate chip cookie to school. Her Papa is going to take it in and light a candle and serve it to her class. Tonight we'll have tacos and a Hershey's Sour Cream Chocolate Cake. Though she is having a few friends for a party this weekend, she wanted to have just a family birthday tonight. It will be a special day for a special girl! Happy birthday to the most beautiful baby I ever saw with cherry red lips and big blue eyes, who only wanted to play with trains/cars/trucks, and who has grown into a beautiful young girl!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Esther! I absolutely agree with the beautiful girl part . . . Gee, I even remember when she was born.

Wow!

Melanie

Tara G. said...

Happy Birthday to your Miss Middler! You're right- our girls would be great friends!!! So Jan. 9 for you, too?! Hugs and hugs!! :)

Angie said...

Happy Birthday Miss Esther! She is absolutely beautiful. It seems they grow up in just a blink of an eye.

Site Meter