Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

End of the Year

Well, today is the day....the last day of the 2010-11 school year. I generally shed a tear on the first day (always overwhelmed at what God has done to make this school happen) and one or two on the last day (proud/sad/reflective as another year has passed). I even used to do that as a teacher before having kids! I am sure today will be no exception. This year Firstborn has finished elementary school. It just seems like I was her Kindergarten teacher, then I blinked and she became my height and approaching seventh grade. Even little Sweet Cheeks is heading into first grade. My children are my joy, my life, and I am so thankful to God for allowing me to be His nanny to them for this short time.

Last week Miss Middler's class had a Poetry Tea House. We sipped tea, ate cakes, and listened to poems written by the children. Miss Middler got the poetry award. She is her father's daughter, afterall. (This man has been writing me poetry for 16 years.)
And so, the next page will turn over today. We'll say goodbye to those leaving, inevitable in our international setting. We zip our bags and board the plane tomorrow morning. This year I'll fly with Miss Middler, Sweet Cheeks, and Big Ben. Campbell Clansman follows this weekend with the older girls. We'll see you on the other side!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Site Meter