Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, August 12, 2010

S'more Fun

Our last night in Memphis, we met up with the cousins for a sort-of final get together. (Why is it a sort-of final get together? Because I stay in a bit of denial that all this good stuff will come to an end very soon.) The kids got to feed bread to the geese, which had certainly become accustomed to folks that feed the bread. They followed Twinkle Toes all the way back to our table.
My sweet sis-in-law brought the stuff to make s'mores. We can't get the stuff to make s'mores in Turkey, it was a special treat. (Did you know marshmallows are not commonly sold in Turkey because the gelatin that makes them poofy is made from a pig's snout, and obviously Middle Easterners don't do pork. You don't believe me. I'm serious. Look it up. Just don't boycott marshmallows, it's not their fault I educated you.)
We are going to miss you, Memphis cousins! Looking forward to s'more fun next summer!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Tara G. said...

Come visit me- I'll get you what you need! :)

Bteacher99 said...

Of course, since I brought marshmellows from the states to use in rice krispie treats, Makro had bags of the things.

Go figure.

Laurie said...

Wish I had that right now!

Site Meter