Campbells

Campbells

Monday, August 9, 2010

Off to Patmos

For the last several years, we've enjoyed getting to participate in VBS at my parents' church. Each year, they choose an actual Biblical site and recreate it on the church grounds. This year they chose Patmos. My sister-in-law and I ran one station the participants visited. They came to us to make necklaces. I had fun telling them that in our tent, we were just teasing when we said we had gone diving for the seashells that morning, but that I wasn't kidding when I said I really do live near the real Patmos!
The tents were so creatively decorated. At this one, the kids got to pound and make their own spice sachets.
There was lots of fun dancing and singing, too. I couldn't resist a picture of these two boys. Three cousins came in and I nicknamed them the Mr. T Triplets.
We all dressed in costumes and learned much about our dear brother John and how he spent his last days, faithful to the Lord.

No comments:

Site Meter