Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Baltimore Wedding: Friday Fun

After our florist work, we all went down to the University of Maryland (where the wedding chapel would be) and found a cheap spot for a pedicure. I treated Sweet Cheeks to her first ever salon pedicure! We both picked blue toenails to match our blue dresses for the wedding.

I am not sure who enjoyed it more...Sweet Cheeks or me watching her press settings on her massage chair and try not to giggle at the foot scrub.

I had posted on Facebook that I was in Baltimore for a wedding. I had absolutely no idea that I was within an hour of my sweet "adopted" daughter H. Sorry, mostly stay south of the Mason-Dixon, so it doesn't all register up North for me. She quickly texted me and said she'd drive to see me. I can't tell you the joy in my heart at seeing her. Do you remember her? She was an Iraqi refugee in Turkey who babysat for us EVERY Friday night when my girls were little. She was one of the first people to hold Sweet Cheeks, after my parents. She would give my girls a bath and braid their long hair, make them popcorn and fish sticks. She would bring her laundry and wash it up and get her only hot shower of the week. She sort of taught me how to love a teenage girl (it was easy with her) and she calls me one of her moms that God gave her, in spite of the fact that she had no mom. She is doing GREAT and married this wonderful guy in the picture.



It makes me cry a little just to look at these pictures. I won't go into detail on this blog, but her life could be a book or a made-for-tv special. It's that dramatic. And our God is that dramatic, as He saved her, redeemed her, and has established her as she walks with Him. Last month, she received her US citizenship. I was so very impressed with her husband and so very happy to see her for the first time in many years.


What a fun outing! And then we came back to the hotel for one last hug for Sweet Cheeks' teacher as a "Miss" and not a "Mrs."

No comments:

Site Meter