Campbells

Campbells

Monday, March 30, 2015

Sweet 16

Well, I am feeling a little bittersweet about this one! My oldest turned Sweet 16 this week. It was a big one in my mind, for just two days later, she would board a plane for this first time, not with her Papa holding her passport, but with it in her own hand.

Firstborn hit her milestone right smack dab in a very busy week. I had come down with a cold, turned into a bad sinus infection. So, I came home from work and crawled in bed. Sweet second sister baked her a giant chocolate chip cookie. Then, CC came home and asked how he could help. I told him she wanted Singapore Chicken Rice for her birthday. He had to pour paste, water, and rice in the rice cooker, then lay chicken strips across the top. Oh, and then click on. He was mighty proud he'd made birthday dinner and asked everyone at the table, "So, whadya think?!" It was yummy! We put this little sign on her locker that morning to surprise her.


And then the very next day, the girls had their first soccer game, followed by a painful goodbye to friends they've known for the last 9 years, followed by a run to the airport to pick up Uncle G and Aunt P, visiting us in Turkey for the first time. So, it was a day of highs and lows!

 And as of now, my Sweet 16 is safely in Wales, having the time of her life, serving the Welsh people, striving to show them Jesus! I am so proud of her!

No comments:

Site Meter