Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Visit to Turkey: Perge, Take II

 After our ordeal at the ER and enough confidence that Tim was ok, we headed back to see Perge for the 2nd time. We took this photo in front of what was once the church (established as a result of Paul's missionary journey). The churches were built in a cross shape with a circular center. These two pieces would have been the arms of the cross.

Here's my cute mom and dad. I am jealous of my mom's cute clothes.
 And not 10 seconds earlier, I said, "It's strange we haven't seen any sheep or goats wandering around here." We turned, and here they were....sleeping outside the church.
 One of our favorite spots is the ancient game board, very well preserved. I just wish we knew how they played it.
 11 kids. We told them, "Everyone grab a rock and sit down!"
 I love to find crosses.
 Since my sis-in-law and I go back to 8th grade, we have some connections that are unique. I know she loves me no matter what, enough for me to say to her, "Ok, take a picture of me and make me look good. Then I'll take one of you." I even have deleting ability if I don't like it.

 Then I really started having fun...Ok, now me with hubs.
 Ok, now daughter and dad. CC started teasing me and suggesting and more poses. I got the point.
 As we left, we went into the old theater. Though it make look real, this is NOT an ancient Olympic game. Everyone in this photo is posing, I  know it is hard to tell, though.

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

Love!!!!!!! One of my favorite pictures is of us doing the wave in the amphitheater in Philippi.

Unknown said...

Wow! What a gorgeous place. I may have to venture this way some day!

Site Meter