Campbells

Campbells

Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy Birthday to Two Special People

Eleven years ago today, I was one day past my due date. I went in to see my Chinese doctor (in Singapore). I was starting to lose some amniotic fluid, so he wanted to induce my labor right then. This was the third time around, so I didn't really feel fear at that point. But when the nurse came in to give me my hospital gown, it occurred to me that I would be having this sweet baby, boy or girl, on my mom's birthday. I cried tears of joy. The nurse tried to comfort me, and I said, "No, no, I'm just happy. It's my mom's birthday." She said something like, "Oh, she will be a happy mummy, lah!"

And with that little shot and a natural labor, Charity Esther Campbell appeared three hours later. She was the most beautiful baby, no marks or scars, and the roundest reddest lips we'd ever seen.
 And to think she shares a birthday with someone who is a beautiful, godly example of what it means to know and walk with Jesus. Happy 11th, Esther! And happy 70th, Mom!


4 comments:

Leah Benedict said...

Happy Birthday, Esther!! And to your mom as well. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Esther and your mom.......and I must add in this public forum, another godly sweet young woman who turned 26 on the 17th. It seems like just yesterday she came home from 3rd grade talking about her "beautiful Miss Fish." She was so anxious to meet your mom and insisted we introduce ourselves during a math competition at your mother's school. She wanted to meet the mother of someone she admired so much.

It is because of that little girl so long ago that our family became friends with you.

Kathleen would not have wanted me to carry on so much about her here, but we celebrated her birthday today and when talking about special people, I could not leave her out.

You would be very proud of her Sara. She is teaching a paralegal course at a community college until she goes back to Virginia.

So, here's to three godly wonderful 'young' women on their birthdays.......

Melanie

Angie said...

Happy Birthday to two sweet & precious ladies in your life. May they both have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo sweet, thanks for sharing and for the pictures! How special! Love to you all!

Site Meter