Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Visit to Turkey: Arjantin

We knew that we had to take the family to Arjantin. We eat there almost every Sunday, have had wonderful conversations with the staff, and you just can't beat the price for this healthy, wonderful food. So, we eat there on our day of rest (Sunday). This little one above drew many stares. In fact, they could not keep their eyes off of her. A real live baby doll at their restaurant! I ordered the little kids pide to keep it simple.
I let the older ones choose. Firstborn convinced her cousin to try a lamb kebab.
CC and my brother split a mixed grill plate. It was as good as it looks.
It's funny. I am just now realizing that every child of mine must have talked her cousin buddy into getting her personal favorite. Twinkle Toes gets beyti kebab a lot. How to describe it in American terms? It's a tortilla (sort of) with spiced meat inside, with a tomato-based sauce on top, served with a big dollup of Turkish yogurt (which is like sour cream.)
Here's my mom and me. I like this picture. I like my mom.
And we all ended the meal with Turkish tea. Of course.
Later that evening, I got to take them to our church to see a Turkish Christmas service. I wanted them to have a little taste of what that is like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help it, when you see your mom, you see Ben. It just fascinates me. :))

The food looks delicious. What a fun adventure!

M

Site Meter