Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Visit to Turkey: Dostlar Breakfast and First ER Scare

 So, what do you want to do when you've just gotten off a 24 hour airplane ride, aren't sleeping on schedule yet, and don't even know what day it is? Ride a bike! CC convinced my brother to ride in the forest with him early one morning. I do think they had fun!

Later, we took everyone out to eat for our traditional Saturday morning breakfast.
 In this restaurant, too many cooks don't spoil the broth, and they love us to just come right on in.
 I told you already...tour group. Everywhere we went. Lots of people. Lots of little people.

 This picture below was taken just before my Dad became very sick. He has Meniere's disease. Some combination of jetlag, not sleeping well the night before, maybe not drinking enough water, taking meds in different time zones, or all of the above triggered a reaction. He fainted, but at the moment it happened, none of us connected it with the Meniere's. The way it happened made us all think for awhile that something much more serious had happened. It was by far the worst moment of my life thus far, as we all assumed it was more serious. We took him to the ER. There we stood...my mom, my brother, and me all crying. Dad was cheerful, holding our hands, encouraging us. He was living out that peace that passes understanding. He alone had been granted that gift from God at that moment. We were able to access his medical records online for the cardiologist to read. After Dad quickly recited his 12 digit online password which followed no logical mnemonic device at all (I've always thought Dad should work for the FBI), I said, "Ok, well, you didn't have a stroke, that's for sure!" After tests to ensure he was ok, we were released. I think it took us a day or two to relax. I wonder if he liked all the babysitting; we hardly left him alone. He and my mom are the greatest people on earth, and I'm so thankful he was ok. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes! Praise God for His keeping power! Wasn't it Paul who said we live and die at His pleasure!? Meaning we aren't going anywhere until He says it is time!! How I love that. It gives me such confidence. I rejoice with all of you. Was just discussing this past week with a friend, I would not want to live my life without God.

M

Site Meter