Campbells

Campbells

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Doing What I Love

I just can't believe the time has finally come for me to step back into the classroom full time. Thirteen years ago, I carried my precious firstborn daughter inside and finished my last "full time" posting as a teacher. Since then, I've taught part-time Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, 7th grade English, and Spanish I. I've also been the Curriculum Coordinator. But here I am, back up in the classroom batter's box.

And I'm so happy.

We flew back in and I unpacked our suitcases. The big girls and I cleaned the house from the layer of summer dust. And by Tuesday morning, I headed into my classroom. The feeling that came over me was really indescribable. It's MY classroom, again. They will be MY students. There's a full year ahead, 180 days of school, given to me to challenge, enjoy, love, discipline my eager students. And for them, there's only one third grade and only one third grade teacher. I want to be the best I can be.

I suppose my blog will take on a new subject from time to time....teaching. I briefly considered starting a second blog, but decided to keep it all together.

We have one week of teacher in-service and begin on August 27.

3 comments:

Deena said...

I love reading your blog everyday! I'm excited to follow along as you teach 3rd grade. Can't believe my Jacie will be a 3rd grader this year! Hope it is a great year for both of you!

Angie said...

Good for you! Hope you have an awesome year :)

Jennifer said...

I am excited to follow along! Please share the good, bad and ugly. I worry about balance since I already struggle with that now.

Site Meter