Campbells

Campbells

Monday, August 6, 2012

A Week in Galilee

We always look forward to the Vacation Bible School in Nashville we get to be part of. This year both Firstborn and Twinkle Toes got to work as helpers. Here Twinkle Toes helps in the bakery. Each "tribe" in this little recreation of the actual Biblical village got to come and make bread for the day.
 Big Ben wasn't quite big enough to join a tribe, but he had a great time in the nursery. The little 'uns even got to go to worship time and make crafts. Just before I took this picture, he was holding his rope to keep him in line. Since he was on the end, he'd made it into a lasso and was trying to lasso this poor soul behind him.
 Everyone was in costume, recreating Galilee. Somehow I'm not sure Roman guards would smile as nicely as this young man.
My sis-in-law and I always work the week together. This week we ran the Galilee Toy Shop and made wooden boats with each kid. I love this picture. The last day CC went in for us and gave us the day off, as our toy shop was set to be closed that day. Instead, he got to be a prayer counselor and lead a little guy to the Lord. I remember that mop-headed, toothless kid that he prayed with coming into our shop. It never ceases to amaze me how God lets us be part of His big picture!

2 comments:

Angie said...

What a great time. I always loved VBS when I was growing up!

Gwen said...

It thrills me to see a church go "all out" for VBS. Such a wonderful outreach to the community. So many children & their families are touched.

Site Meter