Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Goals and Projects Update

 I really do feel like I am meeting some goals I set for 2012! Having the next year just ahead of me, when I will be working full time, is a good motivator. I found that our Turkish television station has a workout program from 8-8:30AM. I've been getting the kids out the door, then doing that workout. It's something different everyday. Weights, pilates, aerobic. It's great that it is a set time every day. I can't put it off. Big Ben brings me my weights. He's still working on his situps, but he does join me somedays.

I've also finished my college course and sent off my paperwork for recertification in Tennessee. That was a great feeling. Next project? Repainting the house. It sorely needs it. The paint that was used when we moved in four years ago is not washable. I have 5 kids. When I try to clean fingerprints, I end up leaving big dirty streaks. I want to paint it myself to save the money, so I'm taking it one room at a time. First? Kitchen!  The kitchen was a butter-cream color. We decided to repaint it that same warm cream, but add one wall of brick red. I love how it turned out.

7 comments:

Tara G. said...

Oh- love the wall color, friend!! What a cute little helper, too!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I feel the same way . . . Eyeballing the paint roller and paint over here myself. I want some shades of pink! I love pinks . . . Pinkish beige, deep rose, etc., etc. I love it with a creamy muted yellow.

Also thinking of the exercise thing. I am a little slower than you on that one but am determined.

I bet you are having a lot of fun with Ben. We just ordered our last class ring. Can you believe I got sentimental about that? It hit me that there are no more, that was the last. Maverick graduates from high school next year. Time is marching by fast.

I have to adjust my thinking, stop and regroup. I look forward to David and I having some good times alone again . . . Maybe we'll get to do a little traveling, who knows? I'm in the mood for Disney World again (Where we spent our honeymoon.) It's time for some fun. Been a hard few years . . .

Anyway, you see my thinking. Good luck Sara in all you have lying ahead. Life is about to change for you also. No more babies at home!

Onward we go!! :)

Mel

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara!

I like your brick red wall, but I like your boots even more!

Stay warm!

Nancie

Unknown said...

You work hard. Good for you!

Angie said...

Doesn't it feel great to accomplish things! Keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the cutest little guy you've ever seen? He is a doll, Sara.

I know dolls . . . I've had four of them. Ha!

Love,
Melanie

Jennifer said...

Looks good and so do you! Way to go on getting re-certified. I know that is a huge weight off your shoulders. I need to get busy exercising too.

Site Meter