Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

40th Birthday Girls' Weekend (Part I)

It's really almost here (tomorrow!). Today is my last day to be 30-something. For my milestone this year, CC agreed to let me use our frequent flier miles to book a hotel in our city to celebrate my birthday with some of my girlfriends here. We headed out of our little neighborhood to downtown. We ate out at a Mexican place. It's been a long time since I've eaten anything like this...a fried chimichanga. I could only polish off 1/2 of it. Mmm.

It occurred to me prior to the day how much God has blessed me with friends. Everyone on staff is so dear, I would have taken them all had I not been limited by skymiles. Also, there are friends on the other side of the world. I thought of my wedding party...cousins C and H, sisters-in-law C and K. High school cohort S. College buds K, L, and M. So many people I love, so many gifts from God.

 But I settled on 6 friends. As you can see, some of them were invited because they were sure to make it wildly fun!
 A cake literally never even crossed my mind. Two of my friends made me cakes, so we ate one Friday and one Saturday! This one tasted like a cinnamon roll in cake form. mmm. (And the friend has 5 kids, hosted 2 extra girls all week, then a Turkish couple for 2 days right up until we left. Martha Stewart must live in Turkey!)
We stayed up til midnight watching a movie. (My techno-girl that came along hooked up her dvd, navigated the Turkish menu, and we watched our movie free in the hotel room.)

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

I am THRILLED you got a weekend like this!!! I think a recipe for anything bigger than a cinnamon roll but tastes like one is in order- please! :)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Site Meter