Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Prague Adventure: This Little Piggy Went to the Market

Well, readers, (the faithful few who might one day check back in), I'm back. All I can say is that these last six months have been full of life. I've taught five classes daily, coached both basketball and volleyball, cared for my hubby and four kids at home, graduated a senior, and loved my firstborn from afar. For all of those reasons, I got behind on my blog. But I want the family record, and I am determined to keep it! So, summer is here, and I'm ready to tackle it! So, thank you for bearing with me in patience. And thank you to those who spoke to me in person and said, "I miss your blog!" It meant a great deal to me.

PRAGUE! We found some rock bottom priced tickets to Prague and decided to spend a few days there as a family over Christmas break. It was a very short 1 hour flight to Istanbul, then just a few hours to Prague, Czech Republic.

Upon arrival, we headed to the market. It is always so shocking to see pork! This piggy went to the market and was roasted on a spit. I wish I could blog the smell!

The Christmas market was quaint and fun. We enjoyed the stalls of live animals.

The city is just beautiful! Old buildings with beautiful character were our backdrops for every picture.


We did bring warm coats, and we might have convinced CC to buy us a hot drink to warm our hands!


I had fun just watching my kids interact with Firstborn, who had just arrived a day before our flight to Prague. Her former roomie Sweet Cheeks wanted to hold her hand. They had fun arranging sister selfies together.

It truly is a breath of fresh air to see Christmas celebrated somewhat as a religious holiday. We do see trees in Turkey, but all decorations are designated as New Year, not Christmas.

The streets entertained us! There was the giant bubble guy....

....and the spray painted conquistador.....

...and the giant panda (which I opted to steer clear of!)

We partook in this local favorite...a coiled piece of bread dipped in cinnamon and sugar.

The third oldest working astrological clock in the world was a must see! It was first introduced in 1410.

We just had a few days there, so we made the most of our time and saw as much as possible!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's good to see your posts again! I missed them.
Reni from Hungary

Site Meter