Campbells

Campbells

Sunday, September 17, 2017

What I've Been Doing, Besides Teaching

This year is so very different. All my birds are not in the nest. One has wings, now. My dear friend has moved back to the US, so my days seem a little different in that regard. Additionally, I took on some new courses, high school courses, to teach. I've been deep in reading and grading papers. And it's been hot. SO HOT. I'm from Tennessee, so hot is normal. But here, it has usually cooled off by September. Hence, we have no AC units. But this week, mid-September, it's reaching 97 degrees still. 

So, the days seem a little hard. And hot. 

But there are some happy spots. One of them is in the form of this money, which I realize looks like Monopoly money. I found some cloth, stretchy book covers on clearance this summer and bought them all. Like 2 shopping carts full. I brought back 150 of them to sell to our students, because they are so simple to use and are unavailable here. I sold out in 3 days. Here's all the money I made. It's pretty much enough for me to take a short cruise. And I didn't overcharge! I sold it at the Amazon price without shipping. Actually, I tucked it away to give my two girls toward their senior trips. I'm feeling very entrepreneurial. 

I'm enjoying my students. They are highly motivated. They thank me after class. One boy, upon meeting me, took my hand and put it to his forehead, as he bowed. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. 

Did I mention it's been hot? This was indoors at my house! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Sara, this is one time I would love to be in person and share with you what is breaking this mother's heart over here in Mississippi. Breaking my heart, but for the good. It is not possible to talk about it publically . . . though I do talk about a lot don't I?

I felt for you once again, though our situations are not the same, I think our hearts for our children are very similar. What can we say? It's God's plan. It is His path we follow, whether we understand it or not (speaking for myself).

My big girl is on her way home for a visit as I type this. It will be so good to see her. I call her Perry Mason-ness. I am so proud of her. She is quite the gal. She has her first appearance before the state supreme court coming up soon. She will be lead attorney on the case. Can you believe it? My little girl. Our little Kathleen.

You be sure and keep us up with ME's milestones. We want to hear how your little girl fairs. I know she is going to be successful.

As I type this, the song, "Jerusalem" is playing in the background. "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, sing for the night is ore!" It's almost over Sara. All these goodbyes and hard times are almost over. Then we are all going to rest in that City of God.

God bless you and love you,
Mel

Sara Campbell said...

Yes, I certainly can believe it about Kathleen. She's just amazing and always has been!!! I'm doing ok, but have decided to be real on here about it. Some days are hard, but I'm doing ok. I will keep all of you updated!!!

Tara G. said...

Woo hoo! Celebrating that little windfall! :)

Site Meter