Campbells

Campbells

Monday, September 18, 2017

Coffee Date at 6,275 miles

Ups and downs. That's what it's been like. For Firstborn, she's had mostly ups. She's doing great. She loves her Psychology professor. He's one-in-a-million and helping her to sharpen her worldview as he guides her class. (Yes, a psychology professor can be conservative. We found him. There's one.) Her Chemistry class is...well, challenging. Her English seems easy. She's making friends. She checking out churches. She texts us and on weekends we talk. We miss her.

One night of one weekend she was a little homesick. I know it must be hard to see friends calling their folks daily (which is hard because of our time zone issues) and even seeing them on visits already. I wish I could go! I'd go! But I can't. We talked that one night, and I told her to go on to bed and we'd text when she woke up.

When she woke up, I was having an afternoon Turkish coffee with CC just before I took him to the airport for his conference in Korea. She texted me a picture of her morning cup of study coffee. So, we had coffee together. Mine was sludgy, delicious Turkish coffee with a square of Turkish delight on the side (actually 2, but Big Ben had already gotten 1 of them). Hers was a smooth, comforting morning cup to go alongside her College Algebra homework. Somehow it seemed a little brighter after that. Each time I look her up on my "stalking app" I see the miles. 6,275.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, the coffee idea. :) Mav and I have a little thing we do long distance also. He and I do not drink coffee but we talk baseball. Have to have our, "Mom, did you see so-and-so hit that double last night?" Not that I overly care about so-and-so but I cherish the texts with him.

These are precious posts.

Mel

Unknown said...

So thankful for technology! Praying for peace across that 6,000+ miles...at both locations!

Love and prayers from KY
Tammy

Unknown said...

My friend is feeling the same way about her daughter (About the same miles for her). Please remember them, as they adjust to the distance.

Site Meter