Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Our Weekend (about as random as this blog ever gets)

We had a fabulous weekend! The girls took third place in the weekend volleyball tournament. It was so thrilling to watch them work together to beat a team we had never beaten before. As you can see, we have very few tall girls. The Campbells and a couple of others are "it" as far as tallness. Note the gal in blue behind them. They were ALL tall. Our girls worked for every point they got. And this mama screamed for every spike her girl threw at 'em! Twinkle Toes went in for her sister to give her a breather...the girls played 25 point games against 3 teams in one night.


We all slept in Saturday morning, then I asked the sisters to clean up their rooms and bring me a digital picture of the results. I got this lovely creation. (Note, she made sure her sister's clothes...still not put away...made it in to the picture.) I thought it was interesting she chose a construction theme border. Room clean-up and training still under construction, I guess?


CC took Big Ben on his first-ever bike riding lesson.

And then we had a little fun with my Ipad. I never realized how much I look like an adult male elf.

It turned cold in our city. Phaselis found a way to keep warm. I don't think he moved all day from this spot. He is content when Miss Middler is home for a day.
How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

Ok, the elf picture is hilarious!!

And hooray for the volleyball team!

Although my kids did not know it until Monday night, we spent the weekend getting ready for our daddy's return! Yesterday was a very happy day for the Yellow Hats!

Anonymous said...

Sara, you are crazy, is all I will say. :). Don't you love the iPad? I would never have one if it were not for Dave because I don't really care for computers but I love the iPad because it is portable and I can shop online! Never really liked shopping before but via internet you can find ANYTHING, any size, any color and at a deal! It is great!

Our weekend started Thursday night with Maverick's first college baseball game, Dave took off so we could be there, Karoline already had tickets to see Rigoletto before she knew about the game. Friday we celebrated Dave's birthday, the car heater came apart and spewed scalding water on David's feet causing second degree burns. Dave was scared to death the engine was on fire and practically threw me and Matt out of the car then grieved that he didn't get us out fast enough . . . The engine was not on fire it was the heater.

The rest of the day was spent doctoring his foot in Walgreens until we could get him to a doc, calling Maverick out of class to rescue us, my picking Karoline up from work and taking care of business as we worked our way back to Dave and the boys while they were waiting for the tow truck. Stopping to get fast food to feed three very hungry men who, in the meantime, had drawn a crowd in the parking lot . . .David never meets a stranger.

Saturday and Sunday was fixing the car, church, mowing two of our neighbors yards, washing our neighbors state patrol car for an upcoming inspection, Karoline at three different events in costume as CFA's cow, Matt life guarding at the Y and mopping the floors for me . . . Mucho laundry, grocery shopping, cooking baked ziti for the first time (my best friend is married to an Italian) . . . .and I can't even remember what else . . . Cleaning bathrooms, hanging new curtains, vacuuming, a half dozen phone conversations with Kathleen . . .

You would really think life slowed down once the kids are grown - that is funny. It is also a myth! :).

Mel

Site Meter