Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Magic Springs Road Trip

My sis-in-law K suggested a spontaneous road trip to Hot Springs, Arkansas, to let the big kids go to the water/amusement park Magic Springs. My girls have ridden a roller coaster in Turkey, but let's just add right here that you can actually stop your roller coaster car with a manual brake at any given point, so I was excited for them to go to a real amusement park.

I found it incredibly funny that Firstborn brought a fun movie for the car ride, only to discover Tom and Jerry cartoons in the dvd case.

Leaving Memphis...

and heading to Arkansas.
 
 It has been awhile since I've ridden any rides.

Even the pirate swing had me spooked, and apparently Firstborn, too.

My niece and I rode together.

Miss Middler got the sis-of-the-day award. She did not want to ride this spider thing, labeled "high thrill" on the scare meter. But she also didn't want her sis Twinkle Toes to have to ride alone. So she rode it.

This was before the ride.

This was going up. And they were both pretty much green the rest of the ride. Well done, sister, she owes you!

Here the girls are driving an old-timey taxi. Firstborn is getting a little practice for her driver's license.

We put Miss Middler in the driver's seat of our car, but she quickly decided she did not want to steer, leaving Twinkle Toes the job of driving from the passenger seat!


These are some great girls, and they had a great time together.
 
 After hours on the water slides, including my favorite water slide The Toilet Bowl, where I got to be flushed down a giant toilet over and over,  we ended the day with the Arkansas Twister. It reminded me of the Zippin Pippin at Libertyland in Memphis (Elvis' favorite roller coaster!). Old. Rickety. Fast. Fun. The girls rode it 7 times straight since no one was in line.



We had an absolute blast! And now, girls, I think you can say you've ridden a real roller coaster! Thanks, Aunt K!

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

I can't believe you were so close!! Glad you're having such a fun summer!!

Rachel said...

I love roller coasters! We are planning a stay with family in Ohio next summer and we're going to take our kids to Cedar Point for their first time. I'm so excited to see their reaction to the coasters.

Site Meter