Campbells

Campbells

Friday, December 12, 2008

Hand print Tree skirt







Three years ago, when Eva was a 6 month old, I came up with the idea to make a tree skirt with the kids' hand prints added each year. I used a basic beige fabric and added a subtle plaid trim. Each year I have chosen subtle hand print colors that align with the trim...sage green, maroon, gold. But this year we went all out! To honor a new boy added to our family in 2008, we used hot pink for the girls and blue for our boy! He just kept making little fists, so we finally decided to paint his feet blue instead of his hands. Every year it makes me a little sad to do it because I realize I am one year closer to filling it up, one year closer to not having little people with little hand prints. I'll never get tired of little ones, I am expecting a lot of grandchildren one day from my 5 kids!

4 comments:

Sarahbeth said...

I LOVE this idea!!!!!

Melanie Keffer said...

Sara, that is such a sweet idea. You sound so much like me. I used to look at my four little ones and feel pangs over the day I knew would come when they wouldn't be little anymore. Ahhh. We mothers fall so in love with our children, don't we?

HEY . . . I have to share one of the scriptures I was reading this morning for devotion. I read it and thought of you! My heart has gone out to you in the last few days thinking about how you miss certain things. Listen to this . . . J said: "And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life." (Mt 19:29)

That made tears come to my eyes!! You do not miss anything that G is not very aware of. We do not "give up" anything for Him that He does not give back to us much more than we gave up for Him!

I know you know that, but the words jumped off the page at me and I had to share it with you.

Love,
Melanie

P. S. I love Benaiah's facial expression as he looked at his blue foot. Just like a little boy!

Laurie said...

That is a wonderful ,special idea!

Katie said...

Awesome idea - I love it!

Site Meter