Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dress Up in the Middle East


My girls have a BIG dress up box. We have all kinds of things in there, mostly thanks to folks who give us good hand-me-downs. Inside you can find a Madeline costume, circus performer attire, cheerleader get-up, even a Disney princess dress. But no matter what I put in that box...they usually create a costume like the one in this picture. I don't dress in traditional Turkish ware nor do I wear a head covering, but perhaps I should. They look good, no?

3 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

Yes, they look beautiful! Reading your blog is such a walk down memory lane. I saved all my clothes from my single, skinny days for my girls -- before I ever had kids. I saved my shoes also, just for the express purpose of dress-up one day. Karoline would wear a long skirt on her head and pretend it was long hair. She would stand in front of the mirror and sing and tell me how she wanted to be a singer one day . . . In her case it was shadows of days to come when she would have beautiful long hair and we would find out just how beautiful her voice was and how much she was meant to sing.

Raising children is a wonderful journey, don't you think?

Thanks again for bringing back great memories for me. Your children are wonderful and the next best thing to grandchildren for me. :)

Melanie

Melanie Keffer said...

And Sara, I know exactly how much pleasure it is for other people to enjoy your children. I always wanted others to enjoy mine as well.

M

The Fish Family said...

What a great non-American costume box!!! I just love it! They look so authentic.

Site Meter