Campbells

Campbells

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Genetics?




I have heard that some very unusual things are determined by genetics...like detached/attached earlobes and baldness and when babies cut their teeth. Genetics have always fascinated me. I have a friend here who has 4 children, 3 of which have different eye color from the others. That's amazing to me. Ross and I never knew (until this last go-around) if we were having a boy or girl, but we always said, "We don't know what we're having, but we do know he/she will have blue eyes." and each did. The other night, I was standing behind Ross (a common place to find me) as he worked at the computer (a common place to find him) and I noticed the little swirl of hair at the base of his head is EXACTLY like Benaiah's little swirl. Is that genetic? Who knows? But, he tolerated my picture taking so the my blog readers could wonder as well. Incidentally, last summer I learned how to cut Ross' hair from my sister in law. Since this photo, Ross has had a good haircut and neck shave! He trusts me with a razor!

2 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

Somehow I know this similarity does not hurt Papa's feelings one bit. :) Genetics fascinate me also.

Merry Christmas!
Melanie

The Fish Family said...

That is so funny. Whitney said you can tell what baby you're having next by the hairline in the back. I need to check Josiah's. Of course it's an old wives tale but she said it worked for her kids. Photos for the baby book for sure. You know for 2 of my pregnancies my hair went "curly/wavy" and those are the only 2 kids of mine that have body in their hair. Wierd, huh?

Site Meter