Campbells

Campbells

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Israel: Inside the Old City Walls

After we left Gethsemane, we walked to the Old City.

We entered in the Dung Gate, on the south side.


We walked along the road that Jesus would have walked from His trial to the place of His crucifixion.








Trying to stay together, hobbling, amid the crowds was a challenge. I stayed in the back, snapping pictures as I could. One of the girls always walked with me, offering me her arm. It was needed! Also needed was me giving the evil eye to all the guys staring at my girls!!



I was drawn to this scene, and so I took a picture. When I returned home, I researched and found that it is the Church of the Redeemer, a German Lutheran church built in the 19th century over the ruins of a Crusader church.

The Old City of Jerusalem is divided into four quadrants...Jewish, Christian, Muslim, and Armenian. We entered into the Muslim Quarter and saw the Jewish and Christian quarters that day, as well.
Next Up: A Muslim Missionary Tries to Convert CC

No comments:

Site Meter