Campbells

Campbells

Monday, November 3, 2014

Greeting Greece: Athens III

We continued our quick tour.

Then heard the Greek soldiers entering for their morning flag-raising ritual. All I could think is how young they looked! Just babies.



I am really glad I got to see this piece of history.






We made one last quick stop at the temple dedicated to Zeus. How glad I am that my God is living!


And then we thanked Kostos, who made our tour a joy! Doesn't he look like he could be in "My Big, Fat Greek Wedding?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing, isn't it? I love old things and letting my thoughts wonder back to what it must have been like.

I love Greek mythology and always viewed it as good FICTION. It killed me when I first found out the Greeks really worshipped these as false gods.

Beautiful, beautiful pictures!

Mel

Site Meter