Campbells

Campbells

Friday, November 2, 2012

Twinkle Toes Turns Twelve

My second daughter turned 12 last week. I woke up the morning of the party with a panic-stricken heart. I know, I know, we talk about how much they've grown, how much they are changing, they aren't so little anymore...but this was a full-blown panic attack. We just got here in Turkey. She was just 3 years old. Wasn't that just yesterday? Little sprouts of pigtails on top of her head....? Sleeping with lamby....? Hiding in the clothes hamper when she couldn't fall asleep at night...? Where did it all go?
Almost every girl in her class got to come over, minus the two traveling. I had to laugh at the mix of girls. The night before the party, one mom called to ensure I would not be serving pork! (No worries there...when I do serve bacon...about once every 2 months, my own family only gets 2 pieces of the ration!) At the party, one gift she opened was baby carrots, string cheese, and bacon! (This was from her friend who has US Base access and sometimes lets Twinkle Toes share her American lunch at school.)

I must say it was pretty wild and crazy. And we haven't even gotten to the sleepover part yet....

No comments:

Site Meter