Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Africans Welcome

As I mentioned earlier in the summer, my two new nephews from the Congo arrived about a week before we did. It was a real highlight for us to see the transformation of their lives in just the short time we were there.

One got glasses. He could hardly see, even if if something was right in front of his face. He looked so handsome in his new glasses.

It's funny that one twin grew close to CC, always high-fiving him and playing around when Uncle R would play with him. The other twin, this one, I played peek-a-boo with, and that was all it took. After that, I'd find him snuggle up next to my side sometimes.
 We all went out for Indian Buffet. What a sight! 11 white kids and 2 black at the Indian buffet!
 It didn't take long at all for them to learn the cousins' names and start to play and interact. We can learn a lot from kids!

Bless them...hardly ever got meat in the first few years of life, so they are making up for it!

It was fun for the kids to teach them even simple games like leapfrog. I hope they'll teach us some of their games once we can communicate better next summer.

I am thankful to the Lord for bringing them to our family.
We feel like a complete unit now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful!

Mel

Site Meter