Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Soccer Kickoff, Road Trip, and Bad News

Well, based on my title, this really is quite a combination of topics! But it did all happen within a short time frame.

Twinkle and Middler have been practicing soccer since school started, and we finally got to host our first game. That soccer pitch sure looks prettier than the dirt mound we inherited when we moved in. And speaking of looking pretty, I love our new uniforms! 


I woke up Monday morning and noticed that Turkey had made the headlines. The US had suspended issuing visas to Turks at certain locations, and so Turkey returned with a promise to stop issuing visas to US citizens. I read today that there were 450,000 Americans who visited Turkey last year. And one of those Americans is my daughter. I have thoughts on all this, but this is a public blog, so I'll refrain. The main issue is that while Firstborn has a ticket to come home to see us this Christmas, she can not use it. She no longer has a residency permit for Turkey and would have to come as a tourist. I can say that this was another blow to me during a really difficult time. But I am deeply thankful that her road trip just a couple of days before took her safely to my mom and dad. I texted my dad so he would have a heads up when she woke up and got the news. She was just at the right place to process this. So, for now, we wait. We wait and see if it changes. If we can not get her a visa here, our backup plan is to at least get her to Europe, as her ticket took her through there anyway, then get some cheap tickets for us (it is cheap from here thankfully) and meet her there. I am asking the Lord to provide a place for us there so we can be together, perhaps someone traveling for the holidays with an empty home and a willing heart. I am believing that He will show us what to do. 

God blessed me in spite of all of this with a beautiful rainbow out my bedroom window....

....and I made a pot of gold to get us started with meals for the week! 

We sent this to Firstborn to let her know how sad we are too! (and apparently Big Ben is mad about it) Sweet Cheeks tells me this is how her Korean friends make hearts! 

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

Praying.

Unknown said...

Praying the visa issues are resolved for firstborn and for our friends in your part of the world, as they have family trying to visit, too. (if you can't post this, I understand.)

Site Meter