Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cappadocia Getaway: Exploring Rose Valley, Part II

As we continued to hike, we found more and more interesting places. What you see in this picture would have been the inside of a home, perhaps. The outside wall has just eroded as the rock is very soft and easy to carve/wash away.
We spotted crosses all over. I took a picture of every one. Sometime I want to frame some of them for my home.
 This little church had a small room, perhaps for confession and prayer?
 CC found this church. Inside had an altar with frescoes around it. Many of the scenes were easy to distinguish. One we saw over and over was the painting of Jesus being dedicated at the temple, and Simeon being granted his promise by God that he would not die until he saw the Messiah.

 This room in the church contained small inlets. What were they used for? I found myself longing to know more.

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

My little one was leaning over and commenting on your photos, and this is what you got: "Her shirt is really pretty (sweet cheeks), and so is that one (Twinkle T.) They have 4 girls and one boy. Yea, I like that shirt and that one."

Love the pictures- some of my favorite traveling memories are those where we could explore those hidden gems and feel like we were back in time.

Angie said...

I love that cross picture! Those would definitely be beautiful framed.

Site Meter