Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Happy Birthday!

Friday the 9th was our (CC's and my) birthday. He's 4 years older than me, almost to the minute. It was also his last day to be here before flying out for 2 weeks. It was a very happy day. These sweet little girls in my class surprised me with cheese popcorn and cupcakes to celebrate with our class. I was told they had picked strawberry since they knew I liked healthy foods. That straight-sugar-strawberry-flavored icing was amazing, and I am sure, very healthy.
 The staff sang to us, and Twinkle Toes' teacher made us a cake.
The rest of the day was a blur. CC was packing and finishing up loose ends. Even at 11PM, he was running over to school to print something for me that needed to be mailed. He insisted on taking the car out (late at night!) to fill it up with gas for me. We went out for a quick bite to eat together to celebrate our birthday and say goodbye. By 1AM, I hit the sack, but I don't think he ever went to bed before his 4AM pick up for the airport. He gets home tomorrow, should be boarding a plane now! 

1 comment:

JJ said...

Hi, I have came across your blog some how and enjoy it. We are an American family living in Switzerland. WE are thinking of visiting Antayla and Istanbul in May and were wondering if it is safe.


Site Meter