Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Kizer Visit: Phaselis

We took the Kizers to Phaselis, an ancient Greek seaport city. It is an absolutely beautiful place. The water laps right up to the rocky coast. It's nearly impossible to take a bad picture here. We haven't been there in years. When I think of Phaselis, I think of 3 little girls and a baby girl begging for a kitty that was begging for a family. I think of a sweet husband who finally agreed to let them take that kitty home. I think of Firstborn announcing, "Now we have a boy in our family! A boy kitty!" Little did I know 6 weeks later, I'd be falling asleep at our 7:30PM family devotions and sick every morning...a son on the way. Phaselis will forever be a place of promise for me. Only God knew of the son yet to come at that point. And little did I know that this year's visit to Phaselis would hold yet another day of promise for me.

My kids enjoyed showing the cousins the beautiful terrain of Turkey.


It's funny how kids find the funniest things to do. The coast had miniature seashells. Everyone wanted a handful. But to find them, you had to get down on the ground and dig a little.

The color of the sea was beautiful...a true sea-green blue!


Of course, Miss Middler found a tree to climb....

but I have to show you where the tree was! This almost looks photo-shopped to me! I must say, before I get tsk-tsked on this, the way down from the tree was ground below. She was not entirely over water. Still....


Firstborn wanted her picture made with her dad. I like that she wants pictures with her dad. I like that she has curls/waves in the coast's humidity.

My sweet boy slept well every night after days of hiking.
My post is getting too long, so I'll save my "Promise" story for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

Sara, shall I tell you that you are the worst ever for keeping your loyal and faithful readers in suspense? Don't we get privileges for years of faithful reading? LOL (You know I'm kidding, of course . . . But honestly, your tomorrow's turn into days and weeks sometimes!)

Ahhh . . . .

And who says your posts are too long? Does anyone complain? Let me be the first official complainer that they are too short! :)))

Signed:

Patiently Waiting in Mississippi
Mel

Melanie Keffer said...

Psst . . .Tell Ross that Ms. Kathleen became an active member of the Virginia Bar Association, November 26, 2013. :)

She turns 27 tomorrow. Are we getting old, or what?

Mel

Site Meter