Campbells

Campbells

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The Best Field Trip

I am privileged to teach Middle School Bible this year. This means I got to plan another giving field trip to the village behind the school. The kids were to earn the money themselves, shop, wrap, and then deliver a gift to a needy family. They were both excited and nervous.

I have a full class of kids, and I just love them!

This sweet mama wanted us to wake her baby and hold her and take pictures with her. I could not get enough of her chunky legs and cheeks! Isn't she a beautiful mom, too?

This family has become especially precious to me, as we have visited them as a family also. There are two families living in a two room house. This den serves as their eating and sleeping room also.

These kids found out we were coming, and mom let them skip school!



The morning of the trip I found out that there would be a couple of babies. During my free period, I ran across the street to the grocery story and bought diapers, wipes, pacifiers, a teething toy. As I was buying it, I felt like the Lord reminded me of something. He reminded me that He had given me so much that when I was a young mom, I had a pacifier in every room. It just brought an overwhelming feeling to me. I determined not to cry when we gave gifts, but this mom teared up, explaining to us that she tried to do all she could for her kids.

It was a wonderful day and unforgettable for me. We finished earlier than we anticipated, and the kids were so disappointed that we had to go back to school in time for their last class. So, I agreed to let them walk back to school, since the village isn't far. It was such a special day. The essays they wrote showed me how meaningful it was for them too.






1 comment:

Tara G. said...

I just love everything about this.

Site Meter