Campbells

Campbells

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Staff Banquet 2014

Our annual Staff Banquet was last Saturday night. We got al gussied-up and went to Mezaluna, a nice Italian restaurant. It's a time for folks to share thanks or a word about what God has done in their life for the last year. It's a time of goodbyes, too.


Now I get that whole thing about how they look better than the day you married them....it's true. He does!

Here's my long time friend, B. We both celebrated the 10 year mark of working for Oasis. She was my prayer partner that first year and has loved me through thick and thin all the rest of the years.

This is Big Ben's teacher, a dear friend with whom I have a history. Her grandparents served with us during year 1. Her grandma took my two little girls (when I only had a kids) each morning so I could be the Kindergarten teacher, when I taught Firstborn. Now 10 years later, she taught my son Kindergarten. God's irony is not lost on me. I'll miss her.

This is my wallmate B, the 2nd grade teacher and a sweet friend. I also had to say goodbye to her, but she had the good sense to relocate to middle Tennessee, so it will be a "See you later!"

And here's a couple of my buddies, L and H. L is from middle Tennessee and there is a very interesting connection. Ready for it? Her much older cousin is the husband of one of my mom's very good friends from her teaching days. Somehow we made that connection. Beyond that, she's become a good friend. H was the 4th grade teacher. This year we had many great conversations and got to know each other. She'll be Sweet Cheeks' teacher next year!

The banquet was one of the best I remember.

No comments:

Site Meter