Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Cryptic Messages and Updo's

The title is strange and random, I agree, but that's how I'll be blogging today. When CC left for the USA, I found this message on my whiteboard. It was just like the kind I used to get at SBEC when I was teaching there, and he was my sort-of-boyfriend lawyer friend. Can you figure out what it says?

Leave me a comment if you get it! (Ignore the division posters above.)

After he left, we decided to play beauty shop. This year I'd have 2 girls going to the Winter Ball. Thanks to Pinterest (or no thanks), they had high expectations and somehow thought I might be able to fulfill them. I needed a practice run. The style Twinkle Toes picked came with step-by-step pictures and thankfully, no flighty teenager sitting in front of her iphone, uploading to Youtube, and telling me how very easy it was going to be!

This is how our practice run turned out. I thought it was beautiful.

We decided when we did the real style, we'd pull it further over to the side to make a side bun.

Here is the final day's style! I added some twists and pinned it a little tighter than it shows here. You might note the other beautician working in the background. At the last minute, CC asked me to be his date (a first Winter Ball for us), and we were running short on time. Firstborn called her English teacher, Miss Campbell, (a cousin, somehow, we are sure), who always has beautiful hair. She came and braided her hair all around Firstborn's head, then added a darling curly side bun.

Here they are at the end of the styling session.

While I did Twinkle Toes' hair, Miss Middler did mine! Well done. Hard to believe a 12 year old could be that good! (But most nights while CC reads the Bible story, one of them is doing something to my hair.)

And amid all the time crunch, throwing together a sandwich for everyone, getting on the jewelry, and zipping up the dresses, I did think, "It sure is fun to have girls." 

4 comments:

Melanie Keffer said...

This was a cute post! Made me miss my two girls!!

Okay, my guess for the cryptic message:

"I am thinking of you!"

it was easy Sara. :))

It was also cute. I love when Dave leaves me notes or buys a get well card when I am not sick, because it has a sentiment he likes. (That happens frequently enough that it has become his trademark.). One time I asked him if he ever read the outside of the card. He told me he looks at the picture and the verse on the inside and scratches through anything that doesn't fit. What can I say to such an innocent heart full of love?

Guess I got sentimental reading this post. How I miss my babies! Ah. I guess that is what grandchildren are for but will I ever have any??? :)

Thanks for sharing!

Mel

Jody said...

Message - "I am thinking of you!"
Eye Ham Thin King Dove [minus 'D' grade] Ewe

How fun!

Beautiful hair - hope the Ball was a huge success for all.

Thomas and Jamie said...

Eye Ham Thin King Ove Ewe!! (I am thinking of you!) TOO sweet! What a sweetheart!

Angie said...

I agree, girls are a blast!
You all had beautiful updo's!

Site Meter