Campbells

Campbells

Friday, November 22, 2013

Twinkle Toes' 13th Birthday

I've missed blogging! It's been a busy season with many things to do and little bumps in the road all along the way. God is good, all the time. There's no doubt in my mind of that!

Last month, my sweet baby girl...the one born with so little hair and so lightly-colored hair that she honestly looked bald for 2 1/2 years...turned 13. (She got her first haircut at 3. The Turkish barber refused to let me pay him, he was so touched he got to do it.)

She's grown up. And she's an absolute joy to us. She's hitting some milestones. This year she began Secondary school. She walks out the door in her cute-looser-dress-code-than-elementary-school clothes with a big binder in her hand, braces on her teeth, holding the hands of her little brother and sister, ready to face the day. And all I can think about was her sweet little self when we discovered she had hearing loss at 4 years. She sat with big earphones on her head, listening for the 'beep' from the audiologist. She was told to say, "Yes." when she heard it. Sweet baby kept saying, "Yeth." One day she'll get it as to why I want to tell her all these stories. When she's got kids, she'll understand why we are so head-over-heels for her. I remember when my first daughter was born, my dad said to me, "Now you see how we loved you so much?"

I ramble. Anyway, the birthday was fun. We always have a family dinner, just us. I made homemade pizza and she chose whoopie pies for her birthday dessert.



We opened gifts together in the den.

And partied a little.
The next weekend I took her and a few friends to see the Thor movie and to get ice cream sundaes. The years are clicking too fast. I am determined to enjoy them. Happy 13th year, Twinkle Toes!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful girl. She definitely does not look 13.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Mel

Angie said...

Seems like they grow up in the blink of an eye. She's such a beautiful gal and has good taste too. Whoopie Pies are my favorite :)

Site Meter