Sunday, July 10, 2011

Gulf Shores Part II

Pretty much our schedule for each day was...wake up late and have a nice long quiet time with coffee...hit the beach...fix lunch for ourselves only (read here: no sippy cups)...hit the beach or pool in the afternoon....get a delicious Gulf Coast seafood a rented chick flick until we were falling asleep.

I am not sure I realized how much I needed a little break like this, but I soaked up the sun, the surf, the seafood, the friend time. And by Friday, I was very ready to come home and fill a sippy cup again!

Posted by Picasa


Anonymous said...

Aw gee Sara, this one made me cry!! That was wonderful and brought back more memories than I care to remember. Memories I had put away when Daddy went to Heaven came flooding back. Gulf Shores (Fort Morgan) was his place for 20-something years. We stayed where there were few tourists and we could blend with the locals. I hear it is not that way out at the Fort anymore but ahhhh . . .

I KNOW exactly what you mean, what you're talking about and what a nice relaxing break that was.

Chalk this reply up to tearful smiles that were glad you got to go. :)


P. S. Always fun with an old friend also!

whimzie said...

Oh, Sara! I'm so glad you got to do this! Moms need little getaways to recharge our batteries. Next time, drive a little further east and come see me. Of course by next time, we'll most likely have moved again, but maybe some day we'll meet up again!

Claire said...

Looks like a wonderful trip!


Site Meter