Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where did the time go?

It is hard for me to believe that I have not blogged in 3 months! I guess during June, July, and August, I just put it on hold and decided to live it rather than live it and blog it. But I am back!

Our summer was good...rather than post 50 times, I'll highlight the summer in 1 post.

-I arrived in the US 2 weeks before Ross (with Annika and Eva) and that was tough. Esther, back in Turkey with Papa, became sick. Mary Erin became her babysitter while Papa closed out the school year. Mary Erin and I baked cookies together via the phone and learned how to instant message each other on the computer daily. I was so happy when the time came for them to join us and don't plan to separate again unless by an act of God or the Turkish police!

-We enjoyed family time with the Campbells and Fishes. Eva went from calling her cousins "friends" when seeing them in photos to being able to name all 8!

-We spent one week attending a VBS called Jerusalem Marketplace. I was a helper and was dressed as a very pregnant Jewish housewife all week.

-Eva turned 3 in July and has mentioned her birthday, cake, candles, party daily since. The next morning she said, "Let's do that again today, ok, mom?"

-The kids got to take swim lessons again and I happily watched my children surpass my swimming and diving skills.

-Ross gave Esther daily bike riding lessons and she eventually began breaking rather than jumping off the bike when she was done.

-We enjoyed the people most of, dear friends, time to catch up.

-We headed out on a Friday afternoon, planning to arrive in Ankara by Saturday evening. The following Tuesday night we finally made it (after delays and nights spent in both Memphis and London). Our bags made it by Thursday night, soaking wet.

Photos soon to follow!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Sara- I have missed you and wondered how you are. I loved the recap of Summer. Can't wait to see pictures. I need your help! SK is still waking up every 3 hours through the night. I feed her at 7, 10, 1 and so on and then keep her awake for an hour and a half after each feeding. Any thoughts??? Kim is coming to visit this weekend. So glad you posted!

Site Meter