Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Summer 2019: Fun and a Flag

We so enjoyed our Memphis weeks. Both of my sisters-in-law are more like sisters to me. It feels like being in my own home when I am there with them.


The kids had fun with cousins. On this night, we went to see the fireworks for July 4.





We also enjoyed a couples' night out, while the kids had pizza at home. It's pretty amazing when your family grows into friendship, isn't it?

Sweet Cheeks, oh, I can't even believe it, turned 14, while there.

We were scheduled to speak at our local church, and there we had planned to share that we sense God is leading us 'home' after so many years. That morning, an old friend came and handed me a gift. She had made it much earlier, but was unable to give it to me. She quilted me this beautiful American flag quilt. I burst into tears, put my arms around her, and said, "You have no idea that I am about to announce we are moving back. This is a reminder from the Lord that He is here, and it's going to be ok." I will never forget the "American flag" step in this process.

No comments:

Site Meter