Campbells

Campbells

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Munich March Part 2

As I posted yesterday, it was Three Kings Day. So we caught a few glimpses of costumes on the streets.

We needed some lunch. And when you are in Munich for just one day, you've got to eat local. L had once been to the Hofbrauhaus and assured us it would be perfect. We walked into the largest tavern I have ever seen in my life. There were massive wooden tables to be shared by multiple parties. People were in costume. It was clear that we were going to get the full experience.

Firstborn and I both ordered different items and shared them.

I had to have sauerkraut. I have absolutely no idea why, but I can't get enough of it. In fact, the Psychology class once did an experiment on emotions associated with foods. They asked me to be a tester and fed me sauerkraut (of course, assuming that the tartness would stir something negative in me). It stirred something in me, enough for the student to die laughing and give me the rest of the can!

We were likely the only party in the massive room that was not drinking Hofbrauhaus beer, but the atmosphere was enough to make us love the place. This guy was old school German. I asked if he would take a picture with Firstborn. Already a little tipsy by noon, he snagged the stein of beer from the patron nearest him and posed for the picture. I reminded her to thank him, but he had become so engaged with his borrowed beer, I'm not sure he ever heard it.


The music was loud and German. This 16th century, 3-floor tavern was the bomb. We loved it. I was so happy to get to walk by the mini orchestra on our way out and see the harps, played by my beloved cousins as well, as part of the ensemble.
We kept taking videos of the music and environment to send to CC. Again, such a fun gift. Just a few hours, but packed full of memories.

No comments:

Site Meter