Campbells

Campbells

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Mother's Day Treats!

My Mother's Day was wonderful! My son made me a paper jet airplane, which he just knew I would love. Sweet Cheeks made me a pile of homemade gifts. I regret not getting a photo of the sign on top of them, hiding them. It had a giant YES with a picture of me not looking at the gifts and a giant NO with a picture of me peeking at the gifts.

Firstborn found a recipe for Raspberry Cinnamon French Toast, which (because she lives in Turkey) she creatively turned into Strawberry-French-Toast-With-a-Mixture-of-Spices-That-Made-It-Awesome. She also made me a boiled egg, which I asked for.

I got to pick the lunch restaurant, and I chose Quick China. Thankfully, the 25-year-old waiter that handed his email address to Firstborn (then 13) last year was not working this Mother's Day.

Sweet Cheeks and Big Ben proudly announced they wanted to order sushi. What?

My kids are wonderful and beautiful. They just are.

It was a fun day, and I am proud to be their mom.

In the evening, Miss Middler and Firstborn made me a German dish called Spaetzle. They said they were disappointed it didn't turn out like they wanted. I said I would have never even tried to make a German dish called Spaetlze in a million years, and it was perfect to me.

Happy Mother's Day to me!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I am right there with you . . . What a love affair being a mother is. What God did when He created that relationship.

Your children are beautiful.

Melanie

Site Meter