Campbells

Campbells

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Karagul Part I

Just this weekend, the weather turned cool. Thoughts of hot cocoa, chili, and sweaters have been on our minds. To celebrate, we headed out to Karagul, about an hour and a half outside of town. Several years ago we found it by accident. It is the only place we've found anywhere nearby that has the kinds of trees that turn brilliant fall colors. We have beautiful trees, but they are mostly evergreens. The first weekend in October is when we've always gone before. But as our weather has stayed warm, the leaves had not turned yet. Still, we had a wonderful day. It's impossible not to praise the Lord when I see His creative activity.
We get out of the city and find little villages like this. I always thought I'd be living somewhere much more remote, like this, when I grew up. I guess everyone in this little town knows each other.
As you can see, it was all still green. But I still had fun catching pictures of my kids. Here are my bookends. My oldest daughter has grown and blessed me so much in the last years. She's been cooking, babysitting, organizing. I don't know what I'd do without her.
Then I had to get a picture of the Turks. They keep us young. (I made Sweet Cheeks' dress for Firstborn 8 years ago when we were in Singapore.)
And here's my gorgeous middlers. We had such a nice day together, searching for frogs, climbing mountain trails, collecting leaves.
More from this place tomorrow!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED all these pictures! I love Mary Erin with long hair.

M

Site Meter